About SSHN Institutional Membership
The Spiritual Safe Haven Network is a program of International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA). Founded in 1979, ICSA is a global network of people concerned about psychological manipulation and abuse in cultic or high-demand groups, alternative movements, and other environments. ICSA is tax-exempt, supports civil liberties, and is not affiliated with any religious or commercial organizations. ICSA is unique in how it brings together former group members, families, helping professionals and researchers.
ICSA offers a special institutional membership for churches, synagogues, other faith organizations, secondary schools, hospitals, and mental health centers.
Institutional membership includes print membership benefits for a designated contact person at the institution (to make sure that your library receives our publications) and Web membership benefits for up to five other employees or volunteers of the institution.
We ask $100 for an institutional membership, a savings of up to $225, if the six memberships were obtained separately.
- ICSA Today - Magazine (3 issues/year) – electronic version for Web members.
- International Journal of Cultic Studies - Annual, multilingual academic journal that publishes scholarly articles and book reviews. – electronic version for Web members.
- News Desk e-mail – bi-weekly e-mail of a news article deemed noteworthy by the ICSA News Desk. Sent upon request.
- ICSA Member Update - quarterly e-mail containing news about the activities (e.g., public talks, publications, etc.) of ICSA members.
- E-Library - Access to ICSA's e-library of more than 25,000 documents and videos, with news articles going back to 1979.
- Discount for member and immediate family at annual conference and other events
- Opportunity to network with experts in the field and people adversely affected by cultic experiences by attending ICSA conferences, workshops, and local events/meetings and by participating in ICSA networks, committees, and study groups.
To initiate an institutional membership, please send:
- The name, address, and phone of the institution requesting the membership
- The name, address, phone(s), and e-mail of the primary contact person.
- The names, addresses, phone(s), and e-mails of up to 5 volunteers or employees of the institution
- Note which of these people would like to receive the News Desk e-mail
- A check for $100 (additional donations always welcome) payable to ICSA in US dollars, drawn on a US bank, or Visa or MasterCard number, expiration date, and security code. (The address provided should be that associated with the credit card.) You may also fulfill the $100 institutional membership fee by making a $100 donation on ICSA's online contribution page (Let us know this when you send names, emails, etc.)
Send checks (or credit card information) to ICSA, PO Box 2265, Bonita Springs, FL 34133 (fax: 1-305-393-8193; email@example.com).
After we receive your membership request, we will send you a welcome packet and information on accessing the ICSA member site.